GPS Impact is hiring a Senior Strategist to join our Strategic Communications and Public Affairs team. This position can be remote (pending location approval) or based in one of our physical office locations in Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Philadelphia, PA or Washington, DC.
We are a full-service public affairs and multimedia advertising agency with broad experience helping progressive candidates, advocacy groups, and organizations use integrated, strategic communications and advertising to achieve their goals. We are unique in that we are set up with digital expertise as well as television media production, general campaign consulting, communications experts, ad-buying, targeting, and creative all in-house.
GPS Impact believes diversity is a source of strength. We aspire to be a company that welcomes each of our employees’ unique characteristics, perspectives, identities, and lived experiences. We aim for a work environment of inclusion where individuals can contribute fully and feel valued, engaged and supported to reach their full potential.
Strategy and Project Management
- Helping develop and execute multi-faceted communications strategies for clients across paid, earned, shared, and owned platforms.
- Managing multiple projects and content calendars to ensure client timelines and deliverables are met.
- Client management, including participating in client calls and planning sessions.
- Staying abreast of client-related policy issues and news developments.
- Assisting with the development and production of proposals and presentations.
- Deploying digital tactics to execute advocacy, marketing, brand awareness, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Drafting blog posts and creating social media content and toolkits.
- Using social media listening tools and analytics to monitor the online conversation and evaluate the performance of digital content.
- Advising on digital strategies and tactics to achieve client goals.
- Drafting press releases, online and print materials, and talking points.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with members of the media, making pitch calls, and managing media lists.
- Monitoring media coverage and identifying opportunities for proactive media and rapid response.
- Assisting with planning and logistics for press and other public events.
- 4+ years experience working in communications for a non-profit organization, corporation, party committee, campaign, or government entity.
- Experience using traditional and/or digital media to execute advocacy, marketing, brand awareness, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Understanding of message development and the media landscape, and how to communicate with different audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing integrated communications plans.
- Familiarity with paid digital strategies, tactics, and platforms.
- Understanding of digital KPI’s and analytics.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience creating presentations in Keynote.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Senior Strategist. Applicants will be accepted until April 15, 2021. Learn more about GPS Impact at www.gpsimpact.com.
GPS Impact offers a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Salary ranges from $65,000 – $85,000 and is dependent on experience and location. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, social classes, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities. People of underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.