GPS Impact, a progressive full-service multi-media advertising agency, is looking for an outcome-driven experienced professional to join our advertising team as a Senior Media Planner and Buyer.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for helping progressive candidates and causes, experience developing and executing digital media strategy, an appetite for working hard and pushing the envelope, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
Applicants for this position may be staffed in Des Moines, Kansas City, or Washington, D.C. and may be required to travel during onboarding and training periods.
The Senior Media Planner and Buyer, who coordinates with Lead Digital Media Planner and Buyer and reports to the Media Director, is responsible for the following:
- Developing data-driven digital media plans to help progressive candidates and causes win in collaboration with Lead Planner and Buyer and Media Director
- Executing and reporting on digital media plans on schedule
- Engaging with vendors and trusted partners to plan and deliver on digital media plans
- Strategizing and collaborating with internal teams to identify how paid media can add value for GPS clients
- Optimizing and monitoring performance of advertising campaigns
- Thinking creatively about recommended tactics, looking for patterns in performance, and speaking up when you see an opportunity to push the envelope
- Providing feedback and guidance on media plans developed by Media Planners and Buyers, mentoring, and helping train new staff
- Providing feedback and guidance on optimizing ad copy to GPS teams
We’re seeking candidates who excel in a fast-paced team environment, are results-oriented, and have strong organizational skills. You should:
- Have experience buying digital media across multiple platforms
- Experience working in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ad properties, and other ad buying platforms
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be dependable and trustworthy with an ability to work well independently and with others
- Have a positive attitude and desire to lead
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both for internal and external communication
- Have experience thinking through audiences and the best ways to reach them with digital media
- Understand the complexities of political communication and have experience building digital media programs to solve problems
- Come to the table with ideas but embrace new digital media tactics and planning
- Have strong quantitative skills and experience in Excel and Sheets
- Genuine interest in political advertising and understanding of digital media landscape
- Programmatic buying experience
- Experience in ASANA or other project management tools
- Experience in political CRMs such as BSD, NGP, ActionNetwork, and ActBlue
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GPS Impact offers a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Salary ranges from $55,000-$75,000 and is dependent on experience and office location.
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, social classes, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: GPS Senior Media Planner and Buyer. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. Learn more about GPS Impact at www.gpsimpact.com.