GPS Impact, a progressive full-service multi-media advertising agency, is looking for an outcome-driven entry-level professional to join our advertising team as a Media Planner and Buyer.
No media buying experience required! Ideal candidates will have a passion for helping progressive candidates and causes, strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, excited to learn, and have strong interpersonal communication skills.
Applicants for this position may be staffed in Des Moines, Kansas City, or Washington, D.C. and may be required to travel during onboarding and training period.
The Media Planner and Buyer, who reports to the Senior Planner and Buyer, is responsible for the following:
- Building data-driven digital media plans to help progressive candidates and causes win, in collaboration with Senior Media Planners and Buyers
- Execute and report on digital media plans on schedule
- Engage with vendors and trusted partners to plan and deliver on the digital media plan
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify how paid media can add value for GPS clients
- Optimize and monitor performance advertising campaigns
- Thinking creatively about recommended tactics, looking for patterns in performance, and speaking up when you see an opportunity to push the envelope
We’re seeking candidates who excel in a fast-paced team environment, are results-oriented, and have strong organizational skills. You should:
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly mastering new skills and complex processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be dependable and trustworthy with an ability to work well independently and with others
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both for internal and external communication
- Have a basic understanding of political communication and digital media programs and a desire to learn and embrace digital media tactics and planning
- Have strong quantitative skills and experience in Excel and Sheets
- Genuine interest in political advertising and understanding of digital media landscape
- Experience working in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ad properties, or other ad buying platforms
- Experience in ASANA or other project management tools
- Experience in political CRMs such as BSD, NGP, ActionNetwork, and ActBlue (Bonus!)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GPS Impact offers a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Salary ranges from $35,000-$55,000 and is dependent on experience and office location.
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer who believes a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, social classes, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: GPS Media Planner and Buyer. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. Learn more about GPS Impact at www.gpsimpact.com.